Sunday, January 09, 2005

Off to church... or not

I'm bummed right now because of a stupid mistake I made that caused me to miss church this morning. I talked to the guy who was to pick me up last night and he said he'd be at the hotel between 10:20 and 10:40. Well, I got up plenty early and showered and got all my stuff together. I went downstairs and waited from 10:20 til 11:05. I figured something must have come up, and I didn't know how to get there, so I decided to walk up the street and get something to eat - a cinammon role and raspberry tart for £1. I ate them in the store and then decided I'd go to Woolworth's ("And stay out of the Woolworth's") and see if they had any floppy disks. The door was locked, but the sign said that they opened at 11am. My watch said 11:45. I stood there and could see the workers inside. Another lady came up and I asked what time they opened - "11am" she said. I asked her what time she had - "10:45". Somehow I had set my watch up an hour. When I realized what I'd done, I dashed back to the hotel, only to find that I'd missed my ride. What a way to build up warm feelings toward Americans.

But, on the bright side, only 3 more days until Mary and Helen are here!!!!

I found us a place to live in a little area called Bearwood. 2 Bedroom house with more room than I expected and close to amenities for Mary. Of course, I'll still have to take a bus to school or ride a bike, but its still not that far. Its funny how they call each little neighborhood a town here. To get from our house to the Grad School (and the place where I'll be teaching - Birmingham Christian College) you have to go through 2 towns, but its only about 3 miles away!

I teach my first class on the gospel of John tomorrow morning.... Ayyyyygh! I'm excited but nervous. On Thursday comes the kicker -- Hermeneutics. That one will stretch me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home