Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter

As I suspected, alot of people forgot to "spring forward" here, so I preached to a smaller-than-usual crowd. This is still somewhat counterintuitive... Easter Sunday is always the biggest worship attendance day in the States. I preached on Mary Magdalene's encounter with the resurrected Jesus in John 20. I'd preached this text on Easter in Moulton in the past, but I promise I didn't just use the old sermon. In fact, I don't have access to it right now.

Mary and Helen are still suffering from a tough cold, but Helen is almost completely better and Mary is getting there. They stayed home while we went to church. After church Mary's parents and I went for a fellowship meal at our friends Ricci and Mandy's house. Mandy was just baptized a couple of weeks ago by Ricci (the guy who gave me the bicycle). We had a great time and came home around 5:30, calling it an early night. I needed some veg-time, and took it.

I'm looking forward to coming home on Tuesday, though being here has been a nice reprieve from constant TV coverage of the Jacko trial and Schiavo ordeal that folks in the States must be getting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home