Friday, March 18, 2005

Missing the Madness

I have this sneaky suspicion that BK is only blogging about the NCAA tournament because he knows that I am being deprived of it. I can, however, blame my weak picks in our little tourney showdown on the fact that I haven't been able to keep up with basketball... to many important things. Here's a link to my picks.

Second, also following BK's lead, I've decided to insert pictures of my baby in my blogs... always helps with the "Aw!" effect. I do wish I could afford the expensive BK camera, though!




Other random thoughts:

I saw a fox in Selly Oak the other day, on the campus of Birmingham Christian College. I think he was flaunting the fact that he can no longer be legally hunted over here. Though he probably is in much greater danger darting among the vehicles.

Spring is in the air here. Today it got up to 62 degrees or so, lots of sun. In fact, here's a pic from my (piece of junk) webcam as I type.



If you look hard enough you will notice (1) Helen in left corner of the couch playing with the dangling ornaments on her favorite coat and providing a distinct play-by-play, (2) the sun shining into the window revealing a beautiful day, (3) Mary coming in from the clothes-line. Our normal clothes dryer has been the radiator, but the past two days have afforded some of nature's dryness.

Tonight we're having more company... students of mine. 5 Koreans and an Irishman. Sounds like the beginning to a bad joke, huh? The 5 Koreans are a student or mine named Cha, his wife and their 3 kids. The Irishman, Rodney, is also a student. He hails from Belfast in Northern Ireland, ie UK, not the nation of Ireland or whatever the technical term is for it.

And why are Chinese phone books so frustrating? So many Wong numbers.

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Mommy of Boys said...

Awwwwwww!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Barclay said...

Oddly enough, without reading your blog, Sonya saw Helen and said, "Awww." And I'm only blogging about the tourney because it's the most wonderful time of the year...and to help keep you updated.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should know better than to pick against the blazers!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger amanda said...

hey guys! how's england?!
very cute pic of baby helen! if you want to check out other cute baby pics, take a peek at my friends blog about their international adoption: www.sumnerkid.blogspot.com. they post pics of baby everyday, but sunday.

vick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home