Monday, February 28, 2005

Though you're tired of reading it...

Yes, we had snow again today. Actually, late last night a dusting came through and it was still plenty cold enough this morning when I got up at 6:30 for around 1/8 of an inch or so on the road, sidewalks, and cars. The temp was in the low 20's for much of the morning... the coldest it has been since I've been here (or maybe riding on the bike just makes it feel that way).

My Gospel of John class was loads of fun today. I penciled in dates for my class members to come and eat some supper with us. We'll have 5 guests on Friday (3 students and 2 significant others), 4 next next Thursday (Thursday week; 2 students and 2 sig oth), 5 the next Friday (1 student, his wife, and 3 kids), and 2 the next Friday (1 student and his wife) when Mary's mom and dad are here.

There is still question as to whether I have to pay council tax, the local tax that pays for many local gov't services (garbage pickup, police, etc). Students don't have to pay, but, of course, I seem to be in that odd third category because we're only her for 6 months. Anyway, it turns out that they lost the first form I sent in showing my student status, so I have to drive 4 miles or so there (in 2nd gear mind you) just to give them the form that they should already have. But it appears that I won't have to pay. BTW, the tax for us would be 9o pounds per month, or around $170v- hence nothing to scoff at.

One more thing... yesterday I was asked to preach on Easter Sunday morning. They don't make a big to-do here on Easter, as most Churches of Christ don't, but still it is an honor, especially since that is when the in-laws will be here. So they come 4000 miles to hear me preach.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mommy of Boys said...

That's fun about all the snow. It's cold here today (in Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area), but no snow.

That's very neat about preaching on Easter. And that the Robinsons will be there -- those crazy kids!

Did you guys catch the Will Smith movie premiere in Birmingham recently?

just jigging,
kc

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Mommy of Boys said...

Sorry I hadn't posted in a while. I forgot my login stuff...did you miss me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home