Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just for JT

This post is devoted solely to the Wizard of Coventry... or do you spell it Wisard?:-)... Jon Taylor.

1) Glad to see that we have mutual tastes in fine entertainment.
2) So Thames is pronounced Tems, not Tims, huh? If you were from where I'm from you'd know where my misunderstanding originates. All over the South we have a tendency to pronounce short i's and e's in the same way... out ten and tin come out the same... and it would sound like tea-un to y'all. This habit can really get in the way when speaking a foreign language... it drove my Greek profs batty. I'm sure I never noticed the difference between Tems and Tims because of this habit.
3) Maybe the next prank will be on the English JT.
4) Had to look up what you meant by "Blighty".
5) Would it offend you if I called you a limey?
6) Would it offend you if I called you a slimey?
7) I've got to warn you about the commenter who calls himself "whatusay" (I call him fat gorilla). I'm sure he misspelled "nomenclature" on purpose. In fact, I don't know if anything he says is comprehensible. He is a prof at the University of Tennessee (and, yes, we say it Tea-un-us-see).

My Photo

8) I'll give £1.45 to anyone who can tell me what this map shows.

Now back to my research...

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Wil said...

RE #8: Service distribution for digital cell phone service when roaming in the US with certain models of handheld.

Keep the change - you'll need it for the tube.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I can't be a Wizard, because I don't have a big, long, grey beard. Wil on the other hand .....

That may be the first time I've ever used the word Blighty, I know the line from the song 'Take me back to dear old Blighty, put me on the train for London town' from the start of the song 'The Queen is Dead' by The Smiths. I guarantee you wouldn't like them. Anyway, I digress..

You can call me a limey if I can call you a septic, but that's probably really offensive so I won't.

As for whatusay, I ain't messin' with no hifilutin Turfgrass Weed Scientist.

I've sent you an e-mail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home