Friday, June 10, 2005

Oddly Enough

When I view my blog page in Internet Explorer it looks all jumbled, but it looks fine on Firefox. Anyone else notice trouble with IE?

There's lots of articles, etc. that I've been planning on blogging about over the past few days. I decided to bundle them in this post.

Do you love Napoleon Dynamite? Do you love Star Wars? Then you will love this.

Could it be that most people aren't persuadable anymore? I must admit, it seems the older I get the more I have my mind made up about most things before I give them much time. One part of me says that is sad... but the other tells me that I'm simply saving time to reach the same conclusion I would have anyway.

I take back everything I said about the BBC because Jon bought my lunch today. Well, okay, I take away point number 5. But this is worth reading.

The best place to get Fish and Chips in Birmingham is George & Helen's. Mary and I had it for the last time tonight... yummy.

On my way to the aforementioned restaurant tonight on my bicycle, I was approached by a group of 12-13 year old girls who stopped me and asked me to buy them some drink. It took me a second to catch what they were asking (the Brummie accent is brutal). I asked them if they wanted me to buy them some drinks (I thought Coke at first... duh). Their ringleader/spokesgirl said, "We have the money. Will you go to that shop over there and buy it for us?" Of course, I then realized that they wanted me to buy them alcohol. And, of course I refused. I was tempted to take the money and then ride off and give it to charity. Maybe I should have. I'd like to blame this juvenile deliquency on the influence of the BBC on these girls' minds... but the same thing could have happened in the States.

Maybe the only bright spot about the above story is that the girls must have assumed I looked younger than 31 to have asked me? Don't you think?

I must admit that I know my readers well. If I want Mark or Jon to respond, I simply ridicule the BBC. If I want BK to respond, I simply need to mention this Larry King interview with Condi Rice where she relates a story about growing up in Birmingham, AL and says that the right to own guns is a civil rights issue. If I want to get Fat Gorilla to respond, all I need to do is mention a World Cup Soccer match which will have no audience.

And if I want the rest of you to respond, I need to include a few of these:
My Photo
Sweet potatoes are for wearing and for eating.

My Photo
Proud of the dress she wore to church last Sunday.

My Photo
At Edinburgh Castle

My Photo
In the PJ's Amy P bought for her

My Photo
With the moms at the big Ferris Wheel in the City Centre

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you sent some more photos of Helen. They are so good of her and it lets us see how she is still a cutie pie. Mary Joyce

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Anyone who uses IE deserves all they get. See my post here.

The (London) Times.. a once great newspaper which is now owned by, let me see....oh, Rupert Murdoch. At least the article admits its bias I suppose. As for channel 5, that bastion of quality broadcasting, the less said the better.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Barclay said...

The UK must not carry the Dave Chappelle show. Last season included the racial draft, and Condi is now a white person. She became white when the whites drafted Colin Powell. The black delegation objected but agreed to a deal if the whites would also take Condi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home