Wednesday, May 25, 2005

4 More Americans

I've been waiting to blog about this until I knew he was letting word out. Of course, I figured it would be in a more discrete way than via the internet, but it does save him having to send out a hundred emails. My supervisor here in Birmingham, Dr. Mark Goodacre, likes me so much that he's following me back to America. He won't make it all the way to Tennessee, but will stop in Durham, North Carolina where he'll be a prof in the religion dept. of Duke University. He and his family will be making the move sometime later this year. Yes, this will affect my research, but thankfully Mark has agreed to continue to be an external supervisor and it will be nice to have him just one state away. Of course he'll still be around 514 miles away, roughly the same distance as Glasgow to Bude (Cornwall) -- see graphical representation below with the Murfreesboro to Durham map rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

My Photo My Photo

Of course, they'll be less than 2 hours to the mountains or to the beach.

I'd like you to submit advice for these soon-to-be Americans using my comments link. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Barclay said...

season tickets to men's and women's basketball games at duke are your friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home