Friday, June 03, 2005

Rain, rain go away

At least until I can get on my bike and ride home. I'm sitting in a university computer lab waiting for a let up right now.

It occurred to me the other day that I committed a classic blogging blunder... misspelling a word. I rarely do much proofreading, so I often find mistakes days later. The most obvious one lately was when I said that Mark Goodace wasn't too discrete with his news of moving to Duke. I should have put "discreet". However, to my credit, discrete is a word, a mathematics one at that (discrete as opposed to continuous). Took many classes in the Department of Discrete Mathematics at Auburn years ago. It changed to the Department of Discrete and Statistical Sciences, and has since merged with the Math Dept (imagine that!).

Well, the sun is out and I hear Helen calling my name.

And, BK, there not your large letters but mine. Looks like you need to brush up on your koine pronouns.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I never would've spotted that discreet spelling mistake in a month of Sundays!

Just wait 'til you see our exam scripts!

I now have your UHF DVD, by the way.



Gal. 6:11?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home