Friday, February 11, 2005

Top 10 Movies

BK's interest in the top 100 books of all time has gotten me to thinking about my list of best movies. Here's my top 10:

1. Papillon
2. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
3. The Running Man
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. The Gods Must Be Crazy
6. UHF
7. The Explorers
8. Better Off Dead
9. Real Genius
10. Somewhere in Time

Yep, the last one is sappy. I might amend the last 3 soon. Yes, the list is loaded with 80's movies. I tend to idealize (ise) that decade. I have a theory that every man looks back on the period in which he was 12 years old as the peak of human civilization, assuming he had a decent life, even if he didn't particularly enjoy being 12. So I gravitate toward 1986. But note that two of the movies are older and two are newer, with one being a recent release.

What thinks ye?

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Mommy of Boys said...

What is Napoleon Dyanamite about? It looks very intriguing!

Capes

P.S. Where is "Raising Arizona" on your list? It is now on DVD, by the way.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Barclay said...

with about three minutes of thought, my current top 10 is...

1. Baraka
2. Koyaanisqatsi
3. Schindler's List
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Glory
6. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
7. Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. Hoosiers
9. Fletch Lives
10. Seven

...but as you can observe, I'm not much of a movie connoisseur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home