Thursday, January 27, 2005

Still waiting...

Just got a call from Mary telling me that our debit cards still haven't arrived, which means no internet at home at least until February. Its enough to make a man blog.

I've noticed another peculiar inconsistency that makes for some irony. In America, we send "mail". In the UK, its "post". We both take our mail/post to the "Post Office" (so it would seem that the Brits are right, but wait) ... in America, the "mail" is delivered by the U.S. "Post"al Service, whereas in the UK the "post" is delivered by, drumroll please........... Royal "Mail". So in the US the Post delivers the mail and in the UK the Mail delivers the post.

And, for those interested, go with the Safeway 19 pence cola... its much better than Sainesbury's.

Mary and I plan on going somewhere in the Birmingham area tomorrow and having some fun. But what to do when you have no vehicle and a 7-month old baby? We'll see...

And did you see the story earlier this month on Stanley and his boys?

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Mommy of Boys said...

I was reading another blog and saw a webpage you would think is funny.

http://www.holyobserver.com/

Be sure and look at the church signs! My favorite is "Jesus is the rizzle for the sizzle"!

Capie Capes

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Michael, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for work from home job opportunity uk. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - work from home job opportunity uk. Your post title caught my eye - Still waiting.... I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Michael, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home