Sunday, May 01, 2005

How far is it from Birmingham to Birmingham?

Tonight I'll be speaking at a church in Birmingham (Alabama!). My friend J-Dog, a minister at Palisades Church of Christ, a likeminded technophile, asked me to speak via internet conference. Yahoo Messenger will be providing the free audio and video feed. Their service will begin at 6pm Central Standard Time, which is midnight here. Thus, I'm taking one for the team. If you happen to have Yahoo Messenger, I'll be using Mary's ID -- marystrick -- and you would like to tap into the video feed, feel free. I'm afraid that no audio will be available, however, so you will just see me sitting or standing. FWIW, the text I've chosen to speak on is Luke 24:13-35.

Oh yeah, according to this website, it is 4,232 miles from Birmingham, AL to Birmingham, UK.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you did a great job! despite all the hiccups, i think it went extremely well. you got cut off halfway through the last prayer, so i had finish it up.

other than that, we pretty much got it all.

thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home